July 28, 2021
Dearest Barony Members,
As we all know that the pandemic has changed the way we do things, it still continues to do so. I want to take a few moments of your time to fill you in on where we stand and what rules we are following.
· Edited: the Middle Kingdom is continuing to ban on food and drink.
· The SCA has a release that is included on every sign in page and to be posted at all events, practices, and meetings.
“Although the SCA complies with all applicable laws to try to ensure the health and safety of our event participants, we cannot eliminate the risk of exposure to infectious diseases during in-person events. By participating in the in-person events of the SCA, you acknowledge and accept the potential risks. You agree to take any additional steps to protect your own health and safety and those under your control as you believe to be necessary.”
The entire post can be found here: https://midrealm.org/blog/2020/07/15/covid-19-middle-kingdom-update-from-kingdom-seneschal/
· We are required to pre register for weekend events and some others that are optional I am choosing to include pre registration for. You can not attend if you do not pre-reg for these. You will need to sign in at all events, meetings, and practices even if you do pre-reg. A contact of email or phone number is required.
Illiton Universal Preregistration form link here: https://forms.gle/A7FvNuqvd3YknPHk7
· I am continuing the process to secure the Barony a site for practices and meetings. I will notify everyone once that has been obtained.
Specific to events of our Barony:
- Homeowners can require/enforce mask wearing in their homes. They agree to allow us to use their property and we should be respectful of their wishes in this regard. While not required, I will supply a small number of paper masks for those who do not have them.
- For Saturday’s, Baronial Champions Day only: no shared food or drink beyond your “pod” or “family unit” whatever that may be. You are encouraged to bring food and drink for all in your group. It is supposed to be hot and we want everyone to remain hydrated.
- Please remember to bring a chair and shade for Saturday.
Any questions on this please don’t hesitate to contact me,
In Service to the dream,