Announcements Page Menu
Middle Kingdom COVID Reopening Page: https://midrealm.org/reopening/
*link will open in new page or tab, depending on browser settings
July 28, 2021 – Letter from Illiton Seneschal (*full text also below)
August 4th, 2021
Link to Announcement on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Midrealm/permalink/10159309916741181/
Good and gentle subjects of the Midrealm, hear the words of your King and Queen.
The Delta variation of Covid-19 is spreading at an accelerated rate. This variant is more transmissible than Ebola or Smallpox and is as contagious as Chickenpox. Further, the Delta variant has been reported to be one thousand times more contagious than the Alpha variant.
The duties of the Crown are to see to the well-being of its people. The Crown is a sacrifice to the people and must serve and protect the people of the realm.
It is with that in mind that We come to you with words which may be difficult to hear. Effective August 4th, 2021, We are requiring masks for everyone attending any SCA indoor activities or events, including people who have been vaccinated. There will be no exceptions granted to this requirement. Your masks must be worn properly, always covering the nose and mouth and must be well fitting. Indoors is defined as four walls and a roof, this includes a tent.
This isn’t about your personal choice or your freedom, this is about helping protect those who can’t yet get a vaccine or are immune compromised.
No one wants to go back to wearing masks; it’s the responsible thing to do until an even larger portion of the population gets vaccinated or infection rates are trending to a much lower level. This decision was made after consulting scientists, Royal Peers, Curia, and Our Heirs. It’s not an easy thing to require. This is an attempt to still allow people the opportunity to participate in the SCA and reduce the risk to people’s health and those they may encounter.
With all Our love,
King Felix et Sultana Madeleina
July 28, 2021
Dearest Barony Members,
As we all know that the pandemic has changed the way we do things, it still continues to do so. I want to take a few moments of your time to fill you in on where we stand and what rules we are following.
· Edited: the Middle Kingdom is continuing to ban on food and drink.
· The SCA has a release that is included on every sign in page and to be posted at all events, practices, and meetings.
“Although the SCA complies with all applicable laws to try to ensure the health and safety of our event participants, we cannot eliminate the risk of exposure to infectious diseases during in-person events. By participating in the in-person events of the SCA, you acknowledge and accept the potential risks. You agree to take any additional steps to protect your own health and safety and those under your control as you believe to be necessary.”
The entire post can be found here: https://midrealm.org/blog/2020/07/15/covid-19-middle-kingdom-update-from-kingdom-seneschal/
· We are required to pre register for weekend events and some others that are optional I am choosing to include pre registration for. You can not attend if you do not pre-reg for these. You will need to sign in at all events, meetings, and practices even if you do pre-reg. A contact of email or phone number is required.
Illiton Universal Preregistration form link here: https://forms.gle/A7FvNuqvd3YknPHk7
· I am continuing the process to secure the Barony a site for practices and meetings. I will notify everyone once that has been obtained.
Specific to events of our Barony:
- Homeowners can require/enforce mask wearing in their homes. They agree to allow us to use their property and we should be respectful of their wishes in this regard. While not required, I will supply a small number of paper masks for those who do not have them.
- For Saturday’s, Baronial Champions Day only: no shared food or drink beyond your “pod” or “family unit” whatever that may be. You are encouraged to bring food and drink for all in your group. It is supposed to be hot and we want everyone to remain hydrated.
- Please remember to bring a chair and shade for Saturday.
Any questions on this please don’t hesitate to contact me,
In Service to the dream,